IIM Ahmedabad is one of the best B-schools in India. It has produced many successful people who have contributed to the growth of the nation. The institute has a great campus and state-of-the-art facilities. It also offers various scholarships to students who are looking for higher education but cannot afford it. IIM Ahmedabad is the first choice for many aspiring students as it provides them with the opportunity to grow professionally while staying in their own country, which is not possible if they were to go abroad for studies or work experience.
What is IIM?
Table of Contents
IIM stands for Indian Institute of Management. It is a group of autonomous business schools in India that offer postgraduate, doctoral and executive education programmes.
The IIMs are funded by the government of India through an annual grant from MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Finance and various other agencies like AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), CII etc.
Admission process for IIM Ahmedabad
- The admission process for IIM Ahmedabad is a two-stage process. In the first stage, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their CAT scores and academic background. This is followed by an interview round where they have to appear before a panel consisting of faculty members and current students from IIM Ahmedabad.
- Candidates should possess at least 50% marks in graduation with Bachelors’s in any discipline (science/non-science). However, there are certain other conditions that need to be met depending on your educational background:
- Minimum 65% aggregate marks in graduation with Bachelor in any discipline (science/non-science) if you have completed your 10+2 education from a government board school or equivalent; OR
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in graduation with bachelor’s degree from any recognized university/institute
To be eligible for admission to the Post-Graduate Programmes, a candidate must have passed their undergraduate degree with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA (for all categories except SC/ST/PwD) from any recognized university.
The minimum eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates who have appeared for their final year examinations can also apply provided they complete their studies before 31st July 2019.
For candidates who have studied outside India, the equivalence of their qualification needs to be certified by an Indian Embassy or Consulate in their country of origin. The relevant document is required at the time of application.
Documents required for admission
The following documents are required for admission:
- Admit card
- Mark sheets of 10th, 12th and graduation (original)
- Certificate of experience (in case you have worked for two years or more)
- Certificate of training/coaching/language proficiency (in case you have undergone any courses related to the field of management studies)
If you are applying for the MBA course, you will be required to submit a certificate of experience and a training certificate. The duration of the course is two years. You can also opt for an Executive MBA (EMBA) course if you already have a job and want to study part-time.
The interview process at IIM Ahmedabad
Interviews are conducted by the admission committee. The interviews are a part of the admission process and it is an important part of it. The interview is conducted in groups of three or four candidates at a time by faculty members who will be assessing your personality and suitability for IIM Ahmedabad’s Post Graduate Programme (PGP).
The interviews typically last for 30 minutes. The admission committee members try to get a sense of your personality and communication skills, as well as your thought process. They ask you questions about your background, academic performance, leadership qualities and aspirations for the future.
IIM Ahmedabad is one of the best institutes in India.
IIM Ahmedabad is one of the best institutes in India. It was ranked as the best B-school in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), under its first edition in 2017. The institute also has a good placement record and is known for its research work and academic excellence.
Placements of IIM Ahmedabad
The placements at IIM Ahmedabad are very good. Students get placed in top companies like McKinsey, Amazon, Google and Microsoft etc. They also get placed in various sectors like Finance, IT, Marketing Consulting etc.
Know more about this institution.
IIM Ahmedabad is one of the best institutes in India. It is a public institute and is one of the top MBA colleges in India as well as among the best B-schools in the country. The institute was established with the aim to provide high-quality education to students from all over India, thus giving them an opportunity to acquire the knowledge necessary for future success.
The curriculum at IIM Ahmedabad focuses on developing analytical skills and decision-making abilities among students so that they can perform well when faced with challenging situations in the workplace or personal life later on after graduation from this college.
The courses offered by IIM A include finance, marketing etc., which help students gain expertise in these areas so that they can apply them later on while working with various organizations across industries like the IT/ITES sector etcetera
If you are looking for admission in IIM Ahmedabad then this is the best place to know about it. We have given all the information about this institution and its admission process so that you can easily get admission there.